Friday, November 20, 2015

Update!


Remember that one time I said I was going to blog every week? Oops. Getting settled here in France was way more difficult and time consuming then I thought it would be, so blogging was pushed to the back burner. But now its time for an update! 


All these pictures are from my town. I really like it here. Its small enough to feel safe but big enough to have lots to do. And it has a beautiful old town center.


Plus a castle. Its right in the center of town. How cool is that?




Three differences  between France and New Mexico.
1- Everyone walks. Everywhere. To the store, to school, to work, to the movie theater, to restaurants, and pretty much everywhere else. People do drives places, but my less frequently than in NM. My host family own a car but they only use it maybe a few times a month. I really like this. Not only is it healthier and more environmentally conscientious, but it means that I don't have to rely on someone else to always be taking me places. The city is set up really well to be a walkable place. 


2- Breakfast and lunch are tiny but dinner is huge. Every time I eat with my host family we have a main course, a salad course, a cheese course, and a dessert course. This is really different from the way I normally eat, so it has taken me a while to get used to. 


3- France doesn't have parks, it has gardens. they're pretty much the same thing except gardens have more flowers and you aren't allowed to walk on the grass.   




1 comment:

  1. Lovely town. When I was there (30 years ago) I got to visit Strasbourg and Paris.

    ReplyDelete