Friday, October 2, 2015

Italy: Part One


After a long day in Paris, we headed to Turin, Italy. I honestly had no idea what to expect in Turin. I really wanted to see Italy but I didn't have a lot of time to travel, so I picked the largest town closest to France on the map. It was Turin. It was awesome.

It was seriously the coolest place I have ever been. 



 The first place we went was this castle turned palace. Everything in Turin amazed me with how old it was. Compared to the rest of the world the USA is a pretty young country with a pretty young history. I have always though it a building was really old if it was built in the 1800's. This building was built in the early 1400's as a castle and then renovated in the 1600's into a palace. 




 When you first walked in there was a huge marble staircase. The palace has been turned into a museum . The rooms themselves had beautiful architecture and fresco's on the ceiling. And they were filled with art pieces from all over Turin and the rest of Italy.  


There was not always great lighting so my pictures aren't great, but hopefully you can get a glimpse of how amazing it was. 








No comments:

Post a Comment