Saturday, May 25, 2013

A new chapter

Last year in Africa I started really thinking and praying about serving for longer than a few weeks. The first time I ever went to Senegal, two weeks felt like forever. But in 2011 and 2012 it felt like I had just gotten started when I had to leave. Two weeks was so short. At the end of my last trip I was presented with the opportunity of serving for an entire semester. I spent a long time just thinking and praying about it. I knew that it would be a lot different than going in the summer. I would be spending almost five months in West Africa. But God kept confirming that it was the right think to do.



There were so many little things that happened that kept pointing me towards going. Over and over. I really wanted to go back, but I had to make sure that it was the right thing.


There were a couple of really big challenges, mostly having to do with taking a semester off of school. For a while it looked like there was no way I could do everything and keep my scholarships. But through Gods grace I have all of my scholarships on hold until next spring. One by one things have come together. 
So its official. I am going back to West Africa. 


I leave at the beginning of August and I will come back in December. I will be doing a lot of what I have done in the past years as well as helping with more English classes. I am so excited to be going back. I can not wait to be living and working with the people I have grown so fond of. But I am also nervous. It will be different than anything I have ever done, even though I have been there several times. I will desperately need your prayers in the next few months. 




I am so excited to be starting this new chapter of my life and I will be posting updates as I prepare and hopefully while I'm in West Africa. If you have any questions or would like to help out please leave a comment or email me at alongwithsarah(dot)gmail(dot)com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment